NovaForca
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Forca BJJ/ MMA, a place to discuss upcoming events, share ideas, techniques and work to build a even stronger team.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with kids MMA please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 6
BJJ Belt Level : White
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Help with kids MMA please Empty
PostSubject: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 am

Hello people,
I want to get my son (5) into a mma class and i need some direction, are there any, or any worth taking him to or should i just start him off in say... judo ? and progress to stand up and then bjj.
Any help would be cool !
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 64
BJJ Belt Level : Purple Belt
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:20 am

Hey,

I agree I think Judo is a good move to get him used to the GI and fighting with other children. Guess you could supplement it with showing more ground fighting on the side.

Ed
Back to top Go down
http://www.visual-carnival.co.uk
Jack

Jack

Number of posts : 44
BJJ Belt Level : Blue
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 am

i would agree mate, judo would give you a good understanding of a lot core things essential to MMA. along with the discipline of a traditional martial art.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: cheers guys   Help with kids MMA please EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 pm

yeah thats what i was thinking, but again, where is good for the kids ?
I dont know where the guy went from sleeping storm, i presume he moved elswhere like ricardo ?
the only bloke any good is ray stevens, but his budakwai is in chelsea (Fulham road) bit of a treck from
walton on thames. cheers for the help boys

If you know any good judo camps let me no, i have a look about.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Number of posts : 44
BJJ Belt Level : Blue
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:27 am

Rray also carried on a class somewhere in wimbledon. The person to ask is mark who is the most senior judo guy at our club since dan ran away to the join maple syrup taekwondo army.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:17 pm

cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with kids MMA please   Help with kids MMA please Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with kids MMA please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NovaForca :: News and Events :: News and Events-
Jump to: