NovaForca
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Forca BJJ/ MMA, a place to discuss upcoming events, share ideas, techniques and work to build a even stronger team.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben_Hutch

Number of posts : 4
BJJ Belt Level : -
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? Empty
PostSubject: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

I've noticed you teach both BJJ and Muay Thai and am wondering if you do MMA too? It isn't mentioned anywhere on your website so odds are you don't, I'm just asking because guys like Tim Radcliffe train at Nova Forca and are obviousy doing well for themselves in MMA.

If you don't do MMA then for those of you who do do it where do you train? From asking around the closest place I've found is Carlson Gracie in Hammersmith which is a bit of a treck.......is there anywhere closer?

Thanks for any help, Ben.

P.S I'm not your typical "chuck liddell is the best and want i to be a cayyyge fighter" type fan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

Number of posts : 76
BJJ Belt Level : purple
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm

We are essentially a BJJ club however as you know we do have active MMA fighters. At this point in time we do not have a separate MMA class.
Back to top Go down
Ben_Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks, I'm thinking about starting BJJ so I may join you in the near future Smile

Do you know if Carlsons is the closest place that teaches MMA?
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am

It depends where you are as to what is close, Ben. If you want to get into MMA, my advice is pick a base style and start with that, ie BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling, whatever and go from there. Nova Forca BJJ is often taught/explained from an MMA perspective and students that wish to move in that direction can do so under Ricardo's guidance.

Come down and check us out. The training is hard but the attitude is friendly, it's a good group of people.
Back to top Go down
Ben_Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am

Ok cheers Si,

Sounds like the best option is to come down for the BJJ lessons and maybe Muay Thai too.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Ben_Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Me again!

Is there any difference between the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday BJJ Classes?

I'm waiting to pass my driving test then i'll pop down! Turns out im shitter at driving than i first though.....

p.s congrats to Jim on his win!
Back to top Go down
slideyfoot

slideyfoot

Number of posts : 1
BJJ Belt Level : Blue
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:51 am

Ben_Hutch wrote:
Is there any difference between the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday BJJ Classes?

That reminds me: does the Tuesday class normally start at 20:30 rather than 20:15, or is the scouts thing that was on before class this week an infrequent occurrence?
Back to top Go down
http://www.slideyfoot.blogspot.com
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:02 am

yeah... the fact we train in a scout hut kinda gives it away...lol

Tuesdays start later due to the cub scouts, Thursdays normally get underway shortly after 20:15 and Saturdays are 13:00 on the dot.

Ben - only difference between classes is that we have an extra hour on saturdays for open sparring and mma training for the fighters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?   Do Nova Forca Teach MMA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do Nova Forca Teach MMA?
Page 1 of 1