NovaForca
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Forca BJJ/ MMA, a place to discuss upcoming events, share ideas, techniques and work to build a even stronger team.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

beatings in Canada!

Go down 
+2
Paul S
daniel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel

daniel

Number of posts : 30
BJJ Belt Level : purple
Registration date : 2008-07-20

beatings in Canada! Empty
PostSubject: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:19 pm

No I haven't abandoned you! I have just been, busy... It's been 2 weeks since i hit the mats, and i felt it last night... At Toronto bjj! oh yeah. I have been living on beer and burgers since i got here and i think most of it got soaked up by everyone elses rash guard last night. Got my compusory beats off the instuctor Jorges, a black belt brazillian guy who is really friendly, but evryone was disappointingly nice! Went to the sbwrstlin class as am still gi-less so no real idea as to waht belts were floating about, but rolled with some good guys. The session was only an hour, but you can do another session before or after of takedowns, bjj, judo mma etc, the gym is pretty cool, its on 2 levels with a ring, cage, weights room+showers, which was nice cos i was hummin. Lots of space out here so i think most of the gyms are gonna be pretty massive. gits. Back on the wagon now so hopefully getting some training in! There are a couple of other places to check out when i am with-gi.
Bad luck Tim!! sure you was robbed.
hang loose!
Back to top Go down
Paul S

Number of posts : 13
BJJ Belt Level : Blue
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Canada   beatings in Canada! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 am

Hope you are having a good time and im sure you are very upset we didnt get to exchange good-byes and hugs! Personally i think you shoud get back OFF the wagon and you always hummed!

flower WTF is that!?
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 10
BJJ Belt Level : Very White!
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 am

Glad to hear you're having fun Dan.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 7:58 am

Hey man... good to hear you've hit the mats, did you rape 'em all with your monkey-like jiu jitsu?
Keep us posted now that you are an intercontinental bjj pikey...
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Don't know about monkey style, but I did give someone a solid kick in the nuts from my dodgy x-guard. Hey paul, we can have an extra special hug when i get back... Training not too good here, turned 30 and really enjoying 'hiking'. Back on the mat next week when im ive stopped in vancouver, going to try dennis kangs club, anyone know him?
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:25 am

hmmmm... Dennis Kang, eh? I'm sure I've heard of him *dashes off to check sherdog*
>
>
>
>
hmmm... just a little bit of MMA experience...LOL

He's 31-10-1 with 2 NC, fought in Pride a few times... guess he's probably got some skills! Have fun and let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Yo! yes, im still training. Been to Dennis kangs gym down the road. I agreed with my girlfriend to rent an overpriced apartment downtown because i had the secret knowledge that the gym was 200 yards down the road, ho ho. Unfortunately i haven't been able to find a job thats local too.........meaning im getting home too bloody late. Still, the dream lives, still hunting for something, confident i will be fitting in a few sessions a week soon!! As for the gym, it's more like i was thinking, people queing up to hurt me and then talk about me after, managed not to embarass myself, tho i was breathing out my arse. There are some good guys there, they cleaned up at a local tournament recently, which is nice. Couple of black belts and Mr kang of course. Miss you guys! Nice too see everyone advancing and doing well. Shan't be coming to the xmas do...
Back to top Go down
Tim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Tim

Number of posts : 69
BJJ Belt Level : Brown
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 am

Good work Danny boy! I figure that even if you don't make it onto the mats if you just find a tree and hang out in it your skill will not diminish!
Back to top Go down
http://timradcliffe.blogspot.com
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:22 am

yeah man, when in doubt scamper up the nearest large tree and branch-bar that muthafukka , monkey Jiu Jitsu styley!!!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Tim

Number of posts : 69
BJJ Belt Level : Brown
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 5:15 am

Hope you had a good xmas judo Dan!

You got yourself skiing/snowboarding yet? Been training?

Awaiting an update! santa
Back to top Go down
http://timradcliffe.blogspot.com
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Happy new year y'all!! xmas was good ta, was working but still fun. Got a job as a lift operator on the mountains! Saving lives everyday.. Unfortunately my hours are savage, meaning training is suffering, bit toilet. about once a week at the mo. Going to try Marcus Soares club when i have the time. Looking for better work, if it aint found I may be making an appearance on the Nova forca mats sooner than thought! Was thinking I might be getting in some altitude training whilst working but I don't think im high enough! Went snowboarding, my 'chum' took me down a black run on my first day. Got the turd beat out of me. Proved challenging getting out of bed the next day, I have never been so sore. ever. ever. Hope you guys all had a goodun and santa got everyone a new rash guard.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Number of posts : 10
BJJ Belt Level : Very White!
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 am

Good old lift operators! Are you at the controls, or making sure everyone's secured in?

Happy New Year,

Matt
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Bit of both, but mainly laughing at people fall off. its so easy, hardest thing is not falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 am

are you at blue mountain mate?
Back to top Go down
Paul S

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:39 am

Hello mate!

Happy New Year!!

Hope you are having a good time, don't snowboard, ski!

Cant wait for the hug Razz
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:11 pm

yo yo. Im at Cypress mountain, 'Home of the 2010 olympics!' and Vancouvers 'big mountain experience!' Who would win in a fight, snowboarding or skiing? Skiing scares me, i cant get the thought of my legs going different directions at top speed out my mind.... Snowbording hurts my arse though..
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 3:13 am

hmmm.... the age old skiing/boarding debate eh??? good thing about skis is that they come off when you wipe out.

Hope that Canada is treating you well and that you're getting some mat time in.
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Cheers dude! Mat time is a bit poo cos of lack of fundage. However, in the gym loads so keeping up the fitness, plus with my new bulging muscles i will just rip people in half!! oh ya! Got a sauna in the building too, so spoiling myself. Hows training your end?
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:10 am

same old thing mate but w/o regular lashings of monkey jiu jitsu and unorthodox angles from your good self! Ricardo is back from Brazil and giving me sound beatings as always, Tim never fails to disappoint either... not really sure if I'm getting any better as rolling with the boss just makes me feel like I'm getting worse - LOL

On the whole the class is going well, some new faces since you left... hopefully they'll stick with it.
Back to top Go down
daniel

daniel

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm

sounds good dude! ahhhh i miss the beats.....always good for morale.
All good here, taking a turn for the better, just got a job with 'monkey tree services' tis true. had to call them. part time, so more mat time! been training loads recently so im all smiles and glowing ears, got my mat mojo back in record time. been hitting some crazy darce choke of k-o-belly which took me by suprise, head and arm chokes are the arm bar for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beatings in Canada!   beatings in Canada! Empty

Back to top Go down

beatings in Canada!
Page 1 of 1