NovaForca
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Forca BJJ/ MMA, a place to discuss upcoming events, share ideas, techniques and work to build a even stronger team.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ringworm last night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul C

Paul C

Number of posts : 32
BJJ Belt Level : White
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Ringworm last night Empty
PostSubject: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:51 am

I believe I have caught a case of ringworm last night. I am in the process of treating it with cream. Big Andy informed me that it is very contagious. It was tapped up during sparring when it was also 'discovered' (middle of left forearm). Sorry for the grim news but feel I have a duty to let you guys know such things. Next week, it will be again covered and strapped and I promise not to be offended if you don't want to roll with my scabby carcas.

On a more light hearted note, Jack the serial killer tells me he is due birthday whippings on Saturday cheers
Back to top Go down
Tim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Tim

Number of posts : 69
BJJ Belt Level : Brown
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 am

oh no!

This normally means others have it! Better get the mats disinfected
Back to top Go down
http://timradcliffe.blogspot.com
Si

Si

Number of posts : 76
BJJ Belt Level : purple
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:33 am

the mats were mopped last night but then put straight away which will mean smelly and horrible tomorrow!!!

Ring worm is nasty stuff and can spread like wildfire.... If I were you, Paul, I'd go with a bit more than a little bit of tape over it... try a big old dressing sealed with loads of tape and like Andy said be very careful holding young Ben! If you've got a long sleeve rashguard then wear it under your gi.

Best thing is don't train until it's gone really!!!
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

Number of posts : 2
BJJ Belt Level : I Wish!!
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey Guys,

Oh no Paul ~ Certainly not a very nice thing to pick up! I'm sure that you've gone and got some advice already, but just in case anyone else wants any info on it, take a look at the following site, (explanation of causes, diagnosis, treatment etc.)

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Ringworm

Also, Paul, you need to be really careful when touching the kids' stuff as it can be transferred from infected person to object to new person & kids are really prone to suffering with Scalp Ringworm, whereas adults are more likely to suffer from Skin & Groin Ringworm, affraid (note to all Guys!).

I'd certainly have to go with Si on this one; best thing is not to train until it's totally gone. Good Luck!!
Back to top Go down
Paul C

Paul C

Number of posts : 32
BJJ Belt Level : White
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:30 am

Thanks for the advice. Been to the chemist, got some cream. I am being very careful about what I am wearing and where it goes when I am finished wearing it. I wont be training until next Thursday anyway so you are free from my germs. Gutted to be missing Jack's birthday whiping. To be honest, feel like a bit of a leper. For the comp next week, even if it has gone I will donned in a mixture of sealed dressings and neoprene wraps.

Long live devastatingly static jiu jitsu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ringworm last night   Ringworm last night Empty

Back to top Go down

Ringworm last night
Page 1 of 1